Saturday, March 27, 2010

Perspective

I'm re-posting this from my old blog because it's very prominent in my mind right now. A lesson God continually has to re-teach me! (and don't worry, part 2 is still coming. I've got a lot I'm thinking over for it.)

It only takes a moment

for eyes to be opened

a blinding flash

of what should have been obvious

or just a subtle flutter of the veil.

Either way revealing

the truth of the matter

and the way things really are.

Just a glimpse into eternity

a looking from outside myself

seeing through another’s eyes,

through His eyes.

Just long enough to see

how exactly wrong I am

and how upside down

my perception of reality.

His is the true reality

the one that lies beyond

the skin of this world

and often beyond my understanding.

How many times I’ve cried

because I didn’t see

how He see differently

and works toward an end

which is not the one I had in mind.

Until those moments come

when by His grace I see

from a new perspective

if only for a moment.

4 comments:

Melody said...

Ah, that is a beautiful poem! So true. Did you write it?

Blessings,

~Melody

Theresa said...

Thank you! Yes, I did write it

Melody said...

Cool! I didn't know you wrote poetry. That's impressive! :D

Theresa said...

only very occasionally is it written, and even more rarely is it published, but I have posted one other piece here: http://journey-beautyfromashes.blogspot.com/2010/01/beautiful-day.html

Post a Comment