Friday, January 22, 2010

Beautiful Day

One of my very occasional forays into poetry

One night I told you
Of my fear, and through the fear,
That no one ever saw me-would ever see me
As beautiful.

Of the voices I heard
Every day, and with
Every look into the mirror.
The ones telling me
That I never could be
Beautiful.

I was so scared of being hurt
Afraid to let you see, to be
Vulnerable.
And afraid to see
What you would say.


But then you told me…
You are beautiful.
Inside and out.

And that next day,
Just for one day,
I believed you.
I was different.
I was changed.
I was beautiful.

One day I felt beautiful
One day I rose above it all
One day I looked,
And laughed
At the voices.
One day I was beautiful
One beautiful day.

1 comments:

girlwithasong1133 said...

Love you, T.

Post a Comment