Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My thoughts, His thoughts


"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways my ways," says the Lord. "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."
Such an easy passage to quote, but such a hard one to put faith behind. If God's ways are higher than my ways, and His thoughts higher than my thoughts, then His plans for me have to be better than my plans for me. Yet it's so, so hard for me to accept this. It's so hard for me to let go of what I'm holding onto and trust that God will fill my hands with something better in His timing. My thoughts, my human mindset, my limited view of things want God to show me what He has before I can trust Him that He has something better. But His mindset is different. He wants me to trust Him that He does have something better whether I see it or not. I want God to show me, and then I'll trust Him, He wants me to trust Him and then He'll show me.

That's where I am right now, caught between my mindset and God's, the thoughts of heaven and the thoughts of earth. It's so unnatural to try to wrap my human mind around the infinite thoughts of God. I can try, but I can never manage to see or comprehend what He's doing. I always want to understand, but sometimes all I'm supposed to do is trust. And honestly, I'm not very good at that. It's a struggle these days...to just accept that God's thoughts and ways are higher and leave it at that. That seems like a bad place to abruptly end a post, but like me right now on this very subject, it's not finished off or tied up neatly...

0 comments:

Post a Comment