Thursday, January 7, 2010

New Beginnings and Old Stories


I ought to make my first post here something deeply profound, something that's moving and inspiring. But whether it's just me, or whether it's the nature of writing and inspiration, I've come to realize that whenever I find myself waiting around for inspiration, it takes more time to show up than I can afford to spend waiting for it. So this first post here isn't going to be the very thoughtful piece of writing I would really like it to be. But it is something. And it's here. Sitting on this page in front of me, and soon to be out on the wide world of the internet for anyone and everyone to read. (anyone? anyone at all?) For me, that's a new beginning, if a small one; simply sitting down and writing something-anything!-and having it done, instead of putting off for another time because I haven't received any divine inspiration.

If you're reading this, welcome along for the ride. Some people think I'm crazy, and some of what I will say here will vindicate them! Some people think I'm thoughtful, and just maybe wise, some think I'm funny, some think I'm talented in one way or another, and some probably don't think much of anything about me. But no matter what you see of me here, I hope the one thing everyone who finds me here will see is the God that my heart's desire is to glorify with my life, and more than anything I write, that you will see the story I am trying to learn to let Him write for me.

(Oh, and as for the "old stories" part of the title of this post, you can find my older writings here, until I can figure out how to post them on this site.)

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Test comment

Unknown said...

Yay! I'm the first commenter ever on your blog! ...well, besides you. Yes, you're crazy, thoughtful wise, funny, talented, etc. at different times in life. :) I'm looking forward to following your blog. And you seem to point to God with everything you do...so I'm sure it will shine through!

Love you, Theresa! :)
~Kels

Post a Comment